Hello There, Guest!
Would you like to or Register

'Commission List' Easier to see

:: Subscribe to this thread

Threads: 3

insanejoker

Offline ::
SO Not sure if this is already something you have on your list of things to do and such, and this is really minor XD but is it possible in the future to make the users 'commission list' a bit easier to see? Bigger font or in its own box?

This way of people click on the user page for commission status they can see or find the list easier.

I am also curious (maybe I'm just dumb) how the 'apply' function works for commissions. It says 0 for me, and I'm assuming that means '0 have applied'. Is there a way to limit the amount of 'applications' for this? I usually don't like to have more than 5 in my queue. Smile

Thank youuu. Again, I gives props to you Socks for all you do with this site.

Administrator
Threads: 12

SocksTheFox

I am definitely trying to make it easier to find and use things on the site! I have to wait for the artist I'm having do the design to pay their internet bill but one of the things I'm going to get her to focus on is to make it as easy as possible to find the important stuff.

For a while I had it so that you could auto-close commissions after a certain limit, but I was afraid that would make it too easy to abuse (just apply repeatedly until you fill all the slots with spam) and I'm pretty sure I took it out for a bit. I might reimplement it (most of the code should still be in there) once I've gotten the site redesign done.

insanejoker

(01-28-2014, 01:52 PM)SocksTheFox Wrote:  I am definitely trying to make it easier to find and use things on the site! I have to wait for the artist I'm having do the design to pay their internet bill but one of the things I'm going to get her to focus on is to make it as easy as possible to find the important stuff.

For a while I had it so that you could auto-close commissions after a certain limit, but I was afraid that would make it too easy to abuse (just apply repeatedly until you fill all the slots with spam) and I'm pretty sure I took it out for a bit. I might reimplement it (most of the code should still be in there) once I've gotten the site redesign done.

Gotcha! Totally understandable. I thought that's what you were waiting for but I wasn't sure if they got the 'netz back already or not XD Either way, thank you for responding! I can see how the 'apply' feature can be spammed, though. I can easily work around that by saying 'first come first serve depending on commission approval'. Smile Worst case scenario I ask if they want to be put on a waiting list or something if it came down to that.

EDIT: OH. Is it possible to edit the 'open for commissions' title or do I just make a new one and close the old one?

Administrator
Threads: 12

SocksTheFox

(01-29-2014, 12:53 AM)insanejoker Wrote:  EDIT: OH. Is it possible to edit the 'open for commissions' title or do I just make a new one and close the old one?

Not yet, but I might add that later.

The biggest thing is that to apply for a commission they need to be registered on the site. I eventually will be adding notifications (possibly via email as well) so that they can easily keep track of the progress of their commission.

I need to find a way to let people know about certain features, like the maturity filter that so far some people haven't been using, and the private commission checkbox that hides the details of the commission from everyone except the artist and the commissioner (and someday mods to keep an eye on things).

insanejoker

(01-29-2014, 02:53 PM)SocksTheFox Wrote:  
(01-29-2014, 12:53 AM)insanejoker Wrote:  EDIT: OH. Is it possible to edit the 'open for commissions' title or do I just make a new one and close the old one?

Not yet, but I might add that later.

The biggest thing is that to apply for a commission they need to be registered on the site. I eventually will be adding notifications (possibly via email as well) so that they can easily keep track of the progress of their commission.

I need to find a way to let people know about certain features, like the maturity filter that so far some people haven't been using, and the private commission checkbox that hides the details of the commission from everyone except the artist and the commissioner (and someday mods to keep an eye on things).

OOH gotcha. Smile Take your time on things XD I'm really just being nit picky right now. I like the idea of email notification, though. -nodnod-